Valley Music offers beginning guitar classes for ages 13+ and adults who would
like to learn to play guitar. Classes are taught by Greg Moody and will
meet once a week for 60 minutes. Materials are required for class. In class you will learn:
- Tuning, holding the guitar and fretting notes properly
- Reading music and learning the notes on the guitar
- Playing chords
- Learning to play melodies and chord progressions of familiar songs
Guitar Class Tuition and Fees
Registration/Materials $20.00 per semester
Tuition $245.00 per semester
Due September 1/January 15 (14 classes per semester)
• Tuition will be invoiced monthly via email and is due on the 1st of each month for all lessons, classes and ensembles. An active email address must be provided by each student and/or parent in order to receive invoices. You must contact the VMA Office if you need to have your invoice delivered in another manner. Payments should be made payable to "VMA" and may be placed in the payment drop box by the VMA office, or mailed to PO Box 1712, Waynesboro, VA 22980 or paid online via credit card or Pay-Pal at www.valleymusicacademy.org.
• Classes offered on a semester basis will have two payment options. Option 1 will invoice all fees and tuition up front, payable in one single payment. Option 2 will require all registration and materials fees and 1/3 of tuition to be paid up front the first month and two consecutive monthly invoices for 1/3 of the tuition amount plus a 5% service charge due each of the next two following months.
• Payments are due on the 1st of each month. Payments not received by the 5th of the month will be considered PAST DUE. Payments not received by the 10th of the month will be considered SUSPENDED and incur a $10.00 service charge and cause immediate suspension from participation in private lessons, ensembles or classes. All suspended accounts must be paid in full before the account is reactivated and participation in VMA activities can resume. Accounts that become SUSPENDED for a second time will be required to provide VMA with a valid credit card and a signed authorization form in order to continue receiving services from VMA. The card will be charged in subsequent months only in the case of the account being in jeopardy of being suspended after being 10 days past due. The card will be charged for the total due on the account including tuition, fees, service charges on or after the 10th day of the month in which the account is past due.
• Suspended accounts may be reinstated and music instruction resumed upon receipt of payment in full including all past due tuition, fees, service charges plus current charges that are pending. No credits, refunds or make-up lessons or rehearsals will be provided for missed lessons or rehearsals that occurred as a result of the account being suspended.
• Checks returned to VMA for insufficient funds will be charged a $10.00 service charge. Accounts not paid due to insufficient funds or declined credit cards will be immediately placed on suspension until the account is paid in full.
• Family discounts are offered to families with more than one student (up to age 18) enrolled at VMA, or for students (up to age 18) who are enrolled in more than one activity at VMA. A ten percent (10%) discount will be applied to each lesser priced activity beyond the first. Discounts do not apply to material fees or registration fees. Accounts must remain in good standing in order for family discounts to apply.
• Financial Aid in the form of need based scholarships may be available to students (up to age 18) based on financial need. Students awarded scholarships must demonstrate consistent progress, attend all scheduled lessons and/or rehearsals and keep all account balances current. Scholarship amounts are based on funding available to VMA and is subject to change. Scholarships are awarded during the regular academic year from September through May and must be reapplied for annually. To apply for financial aid, visit the VMA website to download an application.